Welcome to the week!
They say nothing worth doing is easy. This is why we did not call this "Easy Help". Simple Help is "simple," not easy. Each daily action is designed to take you less than five minutes and cost you less than five dollars. However, the impact of your small investment can make someone's day even if it pushes you a bit outside your comfort zone. So many joined this week just because someone "simply helped" them and it mattered enough they wanted to join. Awesome. If it's your first week, Welcome to the tribe!
Get ready, 'cause -
Simple Help is about to get gamificated (or as some more properly say, gamified). What's that mean? I'm glad you asked! In the near future, you'll get a tool to track all of your daily Simple Help actions. As you accumulate Simple Help points, you'll be able to keep your own "score," and we'll all be able to see how many "Day Made" points we accumulate as a group!
- You can reference Simple Help using "@gohelpsomebody" on FB, Twitter or Instagram.
- Add the hashtag "#simplehelp" to any related post on social media. Use it, and the whole tribe of helpers can easily see ways we are making a difference!
For the week of August 6 - August 10
Actions: The weekly 5 (Can you hit the elusive quintuple?)
- Monday - Smile at someone as you cross paths. (Yes, displaying kindness can be that simple.)
- Tuesday - Put your phone away while in the company of others. Not on vibrate, either turn it off or put it on Do Not Disturb.
- Wednesday - Tell someone you respect, “You make me want to be a better person.” Then, tell them why they inspire you.
- Thursday - Pick up litter around where you live or work.
- Friday - Tell a story about someone being awesome. Here’s the catch: Make sure that person you are talking about is there to hear it.
Be awesome. Make someone's day. Join the rest of us this week and go help somebody!