It’s a new week to make the world brighter
There’s an old campfire tune — maybe the best campfire tune there is — “It ooonly takes a spark to get a fire go-oing...” Remember that? Just smells like s’mores hearing that song. We get to be that spark this week. The world won’t glow and be wonderful on its own. We get to make it glow! Let’s get the fire going this week.
The Game of Life...
Simple help is going to become a trackable, gamified process. We’re creating a tool to add up all of your daily Simple Help actions. As you accumulate Simple Help points, you'll be able to see your score. Even better — really, this will just be the best — we’ll be able to see the total group score and see the depth of change your kindness is creating.
- You can reference Simple Help using "@gohelpsomebody" on FB, Twitter or Instagram.
- Add the hashtag "#simplehelp" to any related post on social media. Use it, and the whole tribe of helpers can easily see ways we are making a difference!
For the week of August 20 - August 24
Actions: The weekly 5 (Can you hit the elusive quintuple?)
- Monday - Pay attention to someone. We need more connection in the world, so purposely look up from your smartphone and give your attention to someone today.
- Tuesday - Publicly praise a coworker: verbally, via group email, Slack... doesn’t matter. Say something nice and let people hear it.
- Wednesday - Buy a cup of coffee for the stranger behind you in line. If you’re an introvert, this works just as well in a drive-thru line.
- Thursday - Write a thank you note to your mail carrier and put it in your mailbox. Bonus points if you attach a $5 bill.
- Friday - Write a genuinely kind comment on a friend’s Facebook wall or Instagram.
Be awesome. Make someone's day. Join the rest of us this week and go help somebody!