Welcome to a new week of being kind!
You know how it brightens your day when a simple act of kindness finds it's way to you? If you’re reading this, you may have already learned a secret: being the helper brightens your day as much as the one you’re helping! The Golden Rule makes the day a little more golden for the giver or receiver of kindness.
It’s all fun and games till someone chooses a “why.” Have you ever heard that phrase? No? That’s because I just made it up! The fun of helping people happens when people stop asking “Why?” and start asking, “How?” The game of helping is coming soon. Simple Help is creating a tool to gamify the process and track all of your daily Simple Help actions. As you accumulate Simple Help points, you'll be able to keep your own "score.” Beyond that, we’ll be able to see the total group score and see the depth of change your kindness is creating.
- You can reference Simple Help using "@gohelpsomebody" on FB, Twitter or Instagram.
- Add the hashtag "#simplehelp" to any related post on social media. Use it, and the whole tribe of helpers can easily see ways we are making a difference!
For the week of August 13 - August 17
Actions: The weekly 5 (Can you hit the elusive quintuple?)
- Monday - Don’t roll your eyes or sigh at all today.
- Tuesday - Apologize to someone. You know who.
- Wednesday - Leave a small gift (like a book, or flowers, or a note...) in a public place for someone to find and enjoy.
- Thursday - Make a card for a hospitalized kid: http://www.cardsforhospitalizedkids.com/make-cards.html
- Friday - Let someone else hold the TV remote or choose the music in the car.
Be awesome. Make someone's day. Join the rest of us this week and go help somebody!